You are currently viewing USPS Mail Forwarding Service Option Available

USPS Mail Forwarding Service Option Available

USPS mail forwarding is a service that you can sign up for, which will forward your mail to another address. It is available for a fee, and there are several different options available to you. You can choose the one that is most convenient for you. You can also choose how long you want the service to last.

Service offered by USPS

If you need to move from one address to another and are unsure where to send your mail, you can request a temporary mailing address from USPS. Once the temporary address is set up, the mail carrier will collect all of your mail from your old address and place it at the Post Office. The Post Office will hold your mail for 10 calendar days before returning it to you or discarding it. To request a temporary mailing address, you will need to update your USPS account. To do this, you must fill out form 3575. You will need to supply your credit card details in order to confirm your identity. Then, you will select the date that you want your mail to be forwarded to your new address.

You can also extend the forwarding time. USPS offers a service that lets you send mail for 15 days, six months, or 185 days. This is very convenient if you are moving from one address to another but still need to receive mail from the old address. You can extend the forwarding period by six months, but you must do this before your mail service expires.


USPS mail forwarding is a service available for those living in the United States. It allows you to forward your letters or packages to a different address for a minimal fee. The postage costs for mail-only shipments are flat rates, while packages are priced by their total weight. The USPS charges for mail and packages using a “Weighted Fee” calculation. This calculation takes into account a postage markup of 10 to 20 percent, as well as handling fees of $0.30 per piece.

You can request mail forwarding free of charge when submitting your request at a post office, or you can pay for it at your own convenience online. You should provide a valid email address and a credit card to confirm your identity. If you’re moving temporarily or need a service for receiving business mail, you should consider Premium Forwarding Services.

Mail forwarding is an important option for people who frequently move or travel because it helps them get their mail and packages delivered to their new address. The service is also useful when you’re managing an estate since the USPS can catch any letters that may have gotten lost in the mail system. To enroll in a mail forwarding service, you’ll need to register at a post office or online.


There are different lengths of USPS mail forwarding, ranging from fifteen days to six months. You can choose whether the forwarding will continue until the date specified, or will expire at the end of the period. Normally, mail forwarding takes three to four business days. However, you can also request an extension.

You can also change your address online to change the forwarding duration. For example, you can change the delivery date for first-class mail to your new address. Changing your address online may cost you $1. However, you can change your address after the initial year. This is helpful if you have moved recently or need to temporarily change addresses.

Once the forwarding period ends, USPS will return your mail to you. Generally, USPS mail forwarding durations last for six months, but you can extend them to up to 12 months. If you plan to move permanently, you can also request longer times for mail forwarding. This will give you a little more peace of mind while you are away from home.

USPS Mail Forwarding

The USPS has three options for mail forwarding. One is free of charge and the other two require a fee. Both have an expiration date. If you have moved and no longer have a USPS box, you can use a forwarding service. However, you should make sure you choose the right one.


USPS mail forwarding is a convenient service that allows individuals and businesses to receive and send their mail to a new address. This is useful for people who are moving or traveling. All you have to do is fill out a form requesting a change of address service and your mail will be automatically forwarded to your new address.

After completing your form, you will receive an email from USPS confirming your request. You can also edit your request if you need to. You will also receive a welcome kit from USPS that contains coupons. Your mail will then be forwarded piece by piece. You can also take advantage of the extended mail forwarding service, which lasts for six, twelve, or eighteen months. This service will not automatically stop after the six-month time period, so be sure to cancel it before then.

Expiration date

If you are moving to a new address, you should check the USPS mail forwarding expiration date. Most services forward mail for a year, but the USPS may extend your forwarding period for an additional 15 days, six months, or 185 days. You must renew your forwarding service if you plan to stay in your new address for longer than a year. If you renew, you can extend the forwarding period for an additional twelve months. The first day of the second six-month period is the new expiration date.

If you have been using the USPS mail forwarding service, you must renew the service before the expiration date. The forwarding period for most types of mail is twelve months, while periodicals are forwarded for 60 days. Once the forwarding expires, you can no longer receive mail through USPS.


USPS mail forwarding is a service that lets you send and receive mail from another address. The service forwards your regular mail to your new address for free. After the forwarding period, USPS returns your mail to its original address. You can also choose to sign up for paid premium forwarding service (r) options, which provide more flexibility and control over your mail deliveries. These paid services also offer peace of mind when you are not home.

USPS mail forwarding is free if you apply in person at a post office. However, you must provide a valid credit card or an email address when applying for the service. This fee is to ensure that you are who you say you are and that you are not using a third-party service. You can also submit your request through a website that accepts the service, although some will charge an additional fee for the service.

Leave a Reply