Benefits and tips for doing skipping rope workouts are many. A skipping rope is one of the easiest things you can find in the market and is a great tool for workouts.
One of the most underrated but very effective forms of workout and a favourite among boxers is skipping rope. This exercise is a great way to boost stamina, improve balance and coordination and get better with your footwork. There is literally no other workout like skipping when it comes to burning calories and strengthening your joints. Not just that it will also boost your coordination and beat procedure. If you want to live a healthy life then including skipping rope in your workout schedule is hands down one of the best ways to do so. Let’s learn more about the benefits of skipping rope.
Benefits Of Skipping Rope
As we mentioned before, skipping rope is counted among the best forms of workout there are so including this in your routine has a set of benefits. Let’s learn more about those.
- Helps In Burning Calories Fast
Let us tell you in simple terms. Skipping rope burns somewhere between 10-16 calories per minute. So, if you indulge in skipping rope even for 30 minutes in a day then you can burn somewhere between 300-480 calories in just half an hour.
- Boosts Bone Strength And Density
If you wish to have healthy bones and increase bone density then skipping rope is just the exercise for you. The exercise is not hard on the joints because the effect of each hop would befall your legs, hence boosting bone strength.
- Boosts Your Cardiovascular Health
Another one of the many benefits of skipping rope is that it keeps your heart’s performance in check by improving the functions of your veins and arteries and by noticeably improving your strength and helping you increase your exercise time.
Tips Before You Start With Your Skipping Rope Workout
- Make sure you get a good quality skipping rope. It’s important to have good quality equipment.
- Do not aim high right in the beginning. Try to start small with probably just an inch and take it from there.
- Before you get started try doing it without a skipping rope a few times.
- Make sure you use your wrists and try not swinging your arms or shoulders unnecessarily.
- Don’t overdo it. The reason we say this is because if you overdo the skipping rope workout then it will cause real pain in your knees.
- Take care of what you are wearing because if you are wearing loose clothes then there is a possibility that it will get stuck with the rope.
- Make sure you wear decent and gripping foot gear.
So, these are the many benefits of skipping rope workout and the tips you should keep in mind when indulging in the same. These kinds of workouts also make for a good cardio session so you can ask your gym trainer to include it in your workout session. Do it with FITPASS– India’s largest network of gyms and fitness studios that offers you the freedom to workout wherever and whenever you want. You can choose from 1,50,000+ workout sessions and 4,000+ gyms and fitness studios across the country.